BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 26, 2010

Papa's Spicy Chicken Livers



Spicy Chicken Livers

My grandaughter's comment when she saw me cooking chicken livers was "eeeuuuwww". I guess chicken livers are not everyone's favourite, but if you do like this dish, this makes a superb starter. Serve with toast cut into quarters.

You need

250grams chicken livers (fresh is better) cut into small pieces
1 Onion (Chopped)
1/2 Teaspoon crushed garlic
2 Green Chillies (deseeded and chopped)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Tablespoon Papa's Curry Mix (Hot)
1/4 Cup White Wine
1 Large tomato (finely chopped)
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 Cup Fresh Cream (Optional)


Here's how:

Saute the onion, chilli and garlic  in Olive Oil and butter until golden brown. Add the Papa's Curry mix and tomato and mix well. Add the livers and cook over high heat, for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato paste, and add the wine. Cook for 7 minutes. For a creamier taste, stir in 1/4 cup of fresh cream.  Serve with buttered toast cut into quarters.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!

Col said...

Thank you for your comment! Feedback such as yours, inspires me to provide more ideas for everyone. And of course, it's free. I love the fact that you enjoyed the post. I will be posting some photos for Xmas Table settings, so keep a look out
regards and thanks

Anonymous said...

Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

Anonymous said...

If you could e-mail me with a few suggestions on just how you made your blog look this excellent, I would be grateful.

Anonymous said...

I just added your website on my blogroll. I may come back later on to check out updates. Excellent information!

Anonymous said...

I just added your website on my blogroll. Really enjoyed reading through. Excellent information!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

Anonymous said...

Really great article with very interesting information. You might want to follow up to this topic!?! 2012

Anonymous said...

big thanks to the author for new)