BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bouquet Garni








Bouquet Garni


All of you experienced cooks will know exactly what a Bouquet Garni is. I recall the first time I cooked a recipe with this as a requirement, I had no idea what it was and had to look it up.  For all of you who do not know, here it is : a bundle of fresh herbs tied together with a piece of string which is then placed in the stew or dish that you are cooking. Bay leaf, Thyme and Parsley are used, however I add lemon thyme, rosemary and basil to mine. (Fresh herbs can also be tied up in cheesecloth to facilitate easy removal after cooking.I prefer to use the bundle and then remove any stalks left in the pot after cooking.)






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your nice experience to share with us. Really awesome article with plenty of informative things to be known for us.
[url=http://www.ahighbloodpressurediet.com]high blood pressure remedies[/url]